PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo Ideapad Y530 broken hinge

arashiko28
May 17th, 2010, 06:55 AM
My apologies if this is not the right place for this, but I'm desperate!
I don't know how, I haven't dropped or hit my laptop, but today I found the right hinge broken, I have looked everywhere and I can't find a trustworthy place to buy the replacement and the instructions to replace it, since warranty already expired, I have to do it by myself. Please help, I have hours looking for answers and find nothing! :confused: Please help!

lostinxlation
May 17th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Go to Youtube and you can find a bunch of instructions how to replace the hinges/displays. They maynot be the same model as yours, but you can get some idea and then look closely at your computer to figure it out.

But I guess that the broken hinge isn't replacable and most probably you need to glue the broken part, or replace the display unit, but I might be wrong.

arashiko28
May 17th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I need the exact same model, I have experience replacing parts on other laptops, on this one, there is some screw somewhere I can't see it, and I can't pass from level 2. I know it's near to the mouse pad that's why I decided to stop before damaging something.

I found the hinges on ebay, a bit more expensive than expected, but I need to see the ones installed to compare shape and size since they don't have part number.