PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Making a Ubuntu Live on USB Keeps getting i/o errors

overbound
May 17th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I have been trying for the better part of 8 hours to figure out how to create a persistent Ubuntu Live Flash disk without luck. I know very little about Linux so I figured I'd use one of those creators. I tried LinuxLive USB Creator 2.5 and Universal-USB-Installer-v1.5.5. I also tried Ubuntu 10.4, Ubuntu 9.10, and Kbuntu 9.10. So both these programs seem to do what they are supposed to I set up persistent storage space and then creates whats needed on the USB Flash drive using ISOs of the above distros. All of them even boot up and at least attempt to load.

Kbuntu and Ubuntu 9.10 get to the menu where you select to run Ubuntu live, and then give me i/o errors. ubuntu 10.04 shows the first loading screen endlessly. I've tried to do this with each distro twice and no luck. I've even used two different flash drives both 4 gig no luck. I'm at a lost as to what to do. My usual resource for troubleshooting (Google) isn't helping and I'm out of my element (Windows).