PDA

View Full Version : Gut feeling...

mesmith
May 16th, 2010, 10:06 PM
No scientific analysis here, but it seems to me that the forum traffic after the launch of Lucid is dramatically less than the prior few releases. It seems to me that Lucid is in pretty good shape.

Agree?

gungrog
May 16th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Well, it was my first major upgrade since starting with Ubuntu, and I have to say it all went pretty well for me. So yeah, it's looking good from my point of view.!

msrinath80
May 16th, 2010, 10:56 PM
I hate to admit, but this is the first time (and I mean it) that GNOME has not been plagued with crashing applets randomly or on changing themes or when using the mouse too fast with all compiz whizbiz enabled. I think, a more precise observation would be that GNOME has become more stable? Consider this: Nothing serious has changed since GNOME 2.20. I take it that the GNOME devs have then been working on fixing bugs in the existing codebase. Hence the stability. Also for once, pulseaudio has been nothing but pleasant to work with. (I know!). Another factor might be that I have tested Lucid on a System76 lemur laptop (which is supposed to be linux friendly in addition to featuring not-so-bleeding-edge hardware). I'll wait however to hear from the rest of the community. Please please chime in.

mistichu
May 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I have nothing but praise for Lucid (for those that missed it earlier i had a problem on my laptop installing it) <--aside from that which i think was due to faulty hardware on my spot but its cool. i really think its more stable than people are putting off as. i just had to enable two options to install. over the intro is sleek and nice the overall performance is just amazing compared to windows plus i have the 64bit version (first 64bit os ive ever had) i really like it and everything integrates nicely no black boxes like i had on karmic (i think its because i moved the icon and then moved it passed it again?)

overall im glad we have a LTS again :)

techunit
May 16th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Well This is better than 8.04 from the start but 8.04 still had the best artwork... I enjoy Lucid a lot though it run very seamlessly.

cariboo
May 17th, 2010, 04:20 AM
This isn't a support question, moved to the Cafe.