PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 upgrade issues

gduhra2000
May 16th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Am trying to upgrade from karmic 9.1 to lucid 10.04 and have the problem that as part of the upgrade I get a report that some packages are broken. As suggested posting the relevant files APT and MAIN Logs from the /var/log/dist-upgrade below. Please help. Not sure where it is going wrong?

kansasnoob
May 16th, 2010, 06:55 PM
It would be much better if you either attached long logs as a tar.gz attachment or at least placed them in code tags, but regardless you didn't explain what type of upgrade you're trying to accomplish :confused:

Are you trying to upgrade from <distro A> to <distro B> and if so what distro to what distro?

After just a quick browse of that I see some "added" repos. maybe disabling those "foreign" repos would help, but we need to know exactly what you're doing.

mistichu
May 16th, 2010, 06:58 PM
please edit that and use code tags that is a mouthful just select all text and hit the number sign

and to your question

apt-get update
then
System->Administration->update manager
run FOR UPDATES ONLY
then try upgrade
if you get errors again then youll need to run a special apt command though i dont recall what its called at the moment one of the ubuntu vets could probably help you though (note vets you see the command when you dont finish installing a package it starts the installation from where you left off)
been using since 9.04 so i dont have the best knowledge but i know my way around
:)

gduhra2000
May 16th, 2010, 07:08 PM
g

gduhra2000
May 16th, 2010, 07:34 PM
no luck with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade