PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Need help

SilberCobra
May 16th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Is there someone that can make a ubuntu menu script that lets you pick which window manager to install? like lxde, kde, kde 3, glass, and all others. I would like it for my tech fix kit collection. Definitely would make life easier. also a way to make it customizable, to add sh scripts to menu list with sub-menus. Or what program can i use to make my own possibly one like ultamatix would be nice.

kio_http
May 16th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Is there someone that can make a ubuntu menu script that lets you pick which window manager to install? like lxde, kde, kde 3, glass, and all others. I would like it for my tech fix kit collection. Definitely would make life easier. also a way to make it customizable, to add sh scripts to menu list with sub-menus. Or what program can i use to make my own possibly one like ultamatix would be nice.

To switch between Windows managers (Kwin, metacity, OpenBox etc)

Install fusion-icon

sudo apt-get install fusion-icon

Run Fusion-icon
ALT + F2

fusion-icon

It will appear in your system tray. Right click on it and you will get options to change Window managers and theme decorators.

SilberCobra
May 16th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I would like to make a custom app installer like Ultamatix for Computer repair, I like how Ultamatix is set up and would like to make one similar, I would like to add my own apps and sh script files, is there a sample or one similar that I could use to make my own interface, thank you for the help.

kio_http
May 16th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I would like to make a custom app installer like Ultamatix for Computer repair, I like how Ultamatix is set up and would like to make one similar, I would like to add my own apps and sh script files, is there a sample or one similar that I could use to make my own interface, thank you for the help.

Nearly every application in Ubuntu is OpenSource. On the application maintainers web-page there will be a source code sample available download.
You can take a look at that and even modify the same code to create your application. Good luck.