PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Just downloaded Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and having issues with filespace and java

GIAA
May 16th, 2010, 12:45 AM
As the title says I just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/10.04/) and can't get javascript to work anymore with any of my Internet programs (firefox, opera, and google chrome) and also I am not downloading anything but my free space just slowly drained down to 0 bytes and I have no reason why or how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

lovinglinux
May 16th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Java is not the same as javascript. Which one you are having problems with? Could you provide an example of situation it doesn't work?

About the space, go to "Applications >> Acessories >> Terminal", then type df and hit enter. Select the result, press CTRL+SHIFT+C then paste here.

garvinrick4
May 16th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Most likely you need to go to Software sources and enable partners repository that is where Java resides.
Give lovinglinux the results of "df" so you figure out what your disk space is doing.

If you have fixed problem mark your thread (Solved) and tell what was wrong. Have a nice day.