PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Thunderbird install

jackj
May 15th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hi Everyone!

I was having trouble getting Evolution working, and finally solved the problem by installing Thunderbird.

Thunderbird appeared to be a scaled-down version of Outlook, what I was used to in Windows. But then I went on Google and saw some screen shots of Thunderbird, and the Thunderbird toolbar was filled up with what I was used to on Outlook.

On my Thunderbird toolbar I have "Get Mail," "Write," "Address Book," and "Tag." And that's it.

How do I get a full-scale version of Thunderbird on my computer? Please help!

mike555
May 15th, 2010, 03:28 PM
just add the icons you want .... view > toolbars > customize ... drag the ones you want to where you want them ...

oldsoundguy
May 15th, 2010, 03:36 PM
It will take some time to get comfortable with the fact that Thunderbird really protects you. NOTHING gets opened .. even remote images .. without your permission.

And it will FLY when it downloads your stuff from your server .. so much that, if you EVER used Outlook or OE, you will ask yourself "WHY didn't I use this earlier?"
I DID .. been using Thunderbird as long as I have been using Firefox as it used to be the Mozilla Suite for Windows. LONG before I came to using Linux full time!

jackj
May 15th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks, Mike. I wasn't reading the Customize window correctly. Problem solved..

Tholley
May 15th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Glad to have another Thunderbird fan onboard! :P

Please mark this thread "SOLVED" now.