PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Help! Wireless connectivity issue

Captain Carrot
May 15th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I was tinkering around with gnome-shell 3, and it kind of froze everything up, and I had to restart. When I got booted back up, I couldn't connect to my home wireless network with my laptop, although I could with my iPod touch, so the network is working, and my laptop would connect to a weak neighbors signal, so my wireless card is still working. Is there any way I screwed up some configuration somehow, and if I did, how would I fix it?

alexandremrj
May 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM
First,

in network manager can you see your network? Or is the network manager not connecting? (do you see in the panel the network icon?)

Just so we know where to start helping you

Captain Carrot
May 15th, 2010, 04:27 PM
yeah, I can see the network icon, and it will try to connect. I've had it get to the Password verification thing a couple of times, but it won't complete, it just spins.

alexandremrj
May 16th, 2010, 07:40 PM
The subject is marked as solved.

How did you did it, in case this thread can help other people?

Captain Carrot
May 17th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled my broadcom driver. I have no idea why that worked or anything...

cespinal
May 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
+1 Happens to me in kde. Sometimes the driver just wont load so I have to reinstall it.... does anyone know why this happens?

Captain Carrot
May 17th, 2010, 11:01 PM
What was weird about it was that it connected to the neighbors wifi, which is horribly weak.