PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] visual extras & 2nd desktop

I8NY
May 15th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Okay i have just recently upgraded to 10.04 and my 1st question is, the visual effects turned to extra will make Ubuntu look all nice but makes most openGL apps jittery, laggy and mixes images from other games in a different game. 2nd question is in 9.10 i could click and drag windows to the side of the screen and warp to the window to the 2nd workspace. In 10.04 it doesn't work, i can still get the window to move by right click then say move to other workspace but that takes too long.

Ozymandias_117
May 15th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Edit: Scratch that, I misread something, sorry!

I8NY
May 16th, 2010, 03:35 AM
just installed ubuntu 10.04 on anther pc and you can't drag the windows to the other workspace too, why did they remove the feature? still having problems with extra effects and opengl jitter.

3rdalbum
May 16th, 2010, 03:48 AM
You can re-enable it by installing the "compizconfig-settings-manager" package and going to System > Preferences > CompizConfig Settings Manager.

As for your other problem, what graphics card is it and what driver are you using?

I8NY
May 16th, 2010, 04:27 AM
i'm using a ATI HD4500, proprietary drivers enabled. got the compizconfig app and under window management there are many options, which one is it? i have a feeling group and tab or ring switcher.

I8NY
June 4th, 2010, 03:52 AM
okay more(or all) apps that use 3D don't like the extra effects turned on.:( So can i do no extra effects and change the settings in compizconfig to have those extra effects to hopefully bypass the bug? still don't know what setting to use to enable drag window to other workspace.

I8NY
June 7th, 2010, 11:14 PM
bump :(