PDA

View Full Version : free webhosting!

chris200x9
May 15th, 2010, 03:29 AM
First off this is not spam, second I just discovered this http://www.000webhost.com/ and tranfered my website from my home server, I'm just really excited and wanted to let everyone know about this AMAZING deal. Sorry this probably reads like spam :P.

madjr
May 15th, 2010, 03:37 AM
i find 000 pretty crappy

just recently i tried em out for like a month and mysql database was offline every 5 mins, which sucks..

worst of all there was a promotional msg of 000 when it was down... so i guess the visitors i had could see what crappy host i had.. guess they like losing users and potential customers

i had to switch and so i purchased paid hosting form a decent host

there are a few better ones for free i think bytehost is good as i seen a few blogs there and the database is not down

chris200x9
May 15th, 2010, 03:46 AM
i find 000 pretty crappy

just recently i tried em out for like a month and mysql database was offline every 5 mins, which sucks..

worst of all there was a promotional msg of 000 when it was down... so i guess the visitors i had could see what crappy host i had.. guess they like losing users and potential customers

i had to switch and so i purchased paid hosting form a decent host

there are a few better ones for free i think bytehost is good as i seen a few blogs there and the database is not down

good to know, if I have any problems I will check out bytehost :D

lovinglinux
May 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM

I have used byethost (actually megabyet, which is the cPanel version) until last week. Their service is great and they have lots of features and space. Nevertheless, I was going crazy recently with slow connections and database errors. Keeping the site updated was becoming a real pain. So I moved all my sites to blogger.com and and they work lightning fast now.

Blogger doesn't offer many features, but it is easy to maintain and you can combine several other Google services for storing files and pages. Take a look at my blog (http://lovinglinuxblog.blogspot.com). I think is looking pretty decent.