PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 9.10 Karmic ISO untraceable ??

gusteman
May 15th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Hello out there,
I have been trying 10.04 Lucid for the past two weeks. Personally I think it has too many gadgets and kinky stuff. Maybe nice to play with, maybe this era just needs that kind of thing but I prefer a reliable, sturdy machine. Look at it as if I had to choose between a Hummer and an old Willy's jeep; I would choose the latter.
So this Lucid thing is not really what I need, so I would like to get back to Karmic or even maybe Jaunty.
How big was my surprise when I noticed on visiting the official ubuntu download pages that all there is left to download is . . . 10.04 Lucid. Even when you follow the links to what should get you other distro's you come out at ... 10.04 Lucid!!
Strange, but this gives me really a "Microsoft" feeling: you shall only use the product that WE have chosen for you!!!
Frankly, this leaves me quite disappointed, and IMHO is completely the opposite of the Ubuntu way of life.
But, who am I to complaint. Luckily I still have a perfectly good working 8.04 Hardy and even a Hardy live CD, so this gives me the opportunity to upgrade now that this still is possible.
And, maybe, I didn't look in the right places. But given that I am not native English speaking (like most of the world population out there), I sometimes have a lot of trouble understanding some of the more technical data I am encountered with. Being Dutch-speaking, I even went over to the Dutch Ubuntu-site. There I followed the link for downloading Karmic and found myself at ... the official Ubuntu 10.04 download site!!
Sorry guys, a not really joyful ending of a day. :(

darkod
May 15th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Top of the page, select what you wish. :)
http://releases.ubuntu.com/

gusteman
May 15th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Hi there darkod,
that was quick!!! I'm really impressed.
Funny though, I never got this site when googling for the Karmic distro.
I used "Karmic download" - "Ubuntu Karmic download" - "Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic download" - "Karmic ISO download" and so on, but never got this site.
So it seems I somehow didn't enter the right question.
Many thanks and I'll put this one in my bookmarks.
Greetings, gusteman :D