PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Photo disorganization...

x-shaney-x
May 15th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Ever since I first put my photos onto a computer I have been using my own directory structure and manually copying files from camera/USB card etc into the structure.
I would then set the top folder in the structure as a watched folder in whatever photo app I was using, which has always worked well for me but not so much now.

Firstly, I want to do away with the manual copying stuff and import directly from the app.

So after some playing around with different apps I have chosen to go with Shotwell.
Since there doesn't seem to be any options to watch a folder, I just imported the structure into shotwell but chose NOT to copy to my photos directory because I want them keeping on a separate data partition.

So if I was now to plug in a camera and import the photos but not have them copy to the photos directory, where would they end up?
I would obviously want them to go to my own directory structure but there doesn't seem to be any option for a destination nor an option to have a set directory that is watched or imported into.