PDA

View Full Version : How do I use Last.fm on Rythmbox?

TheNerdAL
May 14th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I don't know how to use it. I am used to Pandora. :P

Like I want it to play songs that I like.

Thanks.

Frogs Hair
May 14th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I had the same issue in 9.10 and used the app from the repository . Then I found the same music for free on AOL Radio without the library so I used up the free trial and removed the program.

TheNerdAL
May 14th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I had the same issue in 9.10 and used the app from the repository . Then I found the same music for free on AOL Radio without the library so I used up the free trial and removed the program.

Can the Last.fm app integrate with the top panel because I love that part!

EDIT: I love the part when it pops up with the album cover and stuff like that.

Frogs Hair
May 15th, 2010, 12:46 AM
The app shows the artist, album , stations and personal listening data. It has a link to your own page you can save songs you like and love and ban songs you hate . Last .fm is $3.00 per month after 3 months. I added a launcher to my dock to open quickly if a good song came on , so I could add it to my library.

TheNerdAL
May 15th, 2010, 12:48 AM
The app shows the artist, album , stations and personal listening data. It has a link to your own page you can save songs you like and love and ban songs you hate . Last .fm is $3.00 per month after 3 months.

So it's not free?! :(

Frogs Hair
May 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM

Sorry, no , you can listen from their web site for free , but if you want a library and profile page you have to pay. By all means use the 3 month trial.

Frogs Hair
May 15th, 2010, 12:59 AM

No

RiceMonster
May 15th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Sorry, no , you can listen from their web site for free , but if you want a library and profile page you have to pay. By all means use the 3 month trial.

No, you've got it backwards. It's the radio that you pay for, not the library and profile page. I just use it to generate music statistics and find new artists (I never used the radio even when it was free) and I don't pay anything.

Excedio
May 15th, 2010, 01:01 AM
I don't know how to use it. I am used to Pandora. :P

Like I want it to play songs that I like.

Thanks.

Pretty simple stuff actually. Here's how:

Open Rhythmbox and click on Last.fm on the left side.
On the bottom right click on "Account Settings"
Type in your username & password
Type in the name of the artist you want to hear
Select them in the list and then choose a song

Frogs Hair
May 15th, 2010, 01:11 AM
No, you've got it backwards. It's the radio that you pay for, not the library and profile page. I just use it to generate music statistics and find new artists (I never used the radio even when it was free) and I don't pay anything.

Thanks I didn't know that , after three months they offered me a subscription and when I didn't take is my account was void . I can't even log in to my page any more

Excedio
May 15th, 2010, 01:11 AM
That's odd, I never knew it cost anything. I've never paid for it or been asked to have to pay. Had my account for about 2 years.

Frogs Hair
May 15th, 2010, 01:35 AM
That's odd, I never knew it cost anything. I've never paid for it or been asked to have to pay. Had my account for about 2 years.

As RiceMonster said it's because I installed the radio from the repo , but I don't understand why my page and library were deleted. There is Wiki page lists the countries that now have to pay , Last .fm is still free for some.