PDA

View Full Version : FiveBean is screwing up my domain transfer ... HELP!

sigosaur
May 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I don't know what just happened ... I just wrote like 1,000 words, and when I went to post, it lost the whole damned thing!

Anyhow, I need a phone# or email of someone with an IQ over 60 at FiveBean.

Thanks!

sigosaur
May 14th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I have no clue how that stupid smiley got on the thread.

I run noscript, and had yahooapis blocked ... I'm guessing that's what went wrong with my initial post.

I'm totally screwed, ain't I? :(

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 14th, 2010, 09:41 PM
This is the FiveBean website "Contact Us" page http://fivebean.com/company/contact.php. It gives their email addresses.

If that doesn't work, then you could try these phone numbers. Using whois in the terminal, I looked for FiveBean.com, It gives the phone number 616-951-1105 for both the administrative and technical contact.

Good luck.

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 14th, 2010, 09:48 PM

I run noscript, and had yahooapis blocked ... I'm guessing that's what went wrong with my initial post.

This post is perplexing me. What does it mean?

Rasa1111
May 14th, 2010, 09:54 PM

I dont know..
but I attempted 'no script' a few days ago..
and it screwed with everything, and I couldnt do anything here. lol

sigosaur
May 14th, 2010, 09:54 PM
This is the FiveBean website "Contact Us" page http://fivebean.com/company/contact.php. It gives their email addresses.

If that doesn't work, then you could try these phone numbers. Using whois in the terminal, I looked for FiveBean.com, It gives the phone number 616-951-1105 for both the administrative and technical contact.

Good luck.
Thanks!

Tried the # ... recording ... "we do not offer phone support, please see our website ... blah, blah, blah ...".

Suddenly, $9/mo to Hostmonster don't sound too bad. :(

God, I hate computers!!!

I'm gonna hafta git yet ANOTHER domain! I've got 3 with Google. What a pain!

sigosaur
May 14th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I dont know..
but I attempted 'no script' a few days ago..
and it screwed with everything, and I couldnt do anything here. lol
well, besides ubuntuforums.org, I only allowed yahooapis, and then I'm able to post ... so I'd guess that's it.

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
"gonna hafta"

:lolflag:

Give me some time to drink more alcoholic beverages so I can catch up to you!

cariboo
May 14th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Ubuntu-Geek is in the middle of a move to another city in a different state, maybe give him a day or two to get back to you.

sigosaur
May 14th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Seriously, the guy I was dealing with, I'd send him like "I'll check my cpanel at hostmonster, hang on ... ok, all my options for the domain are gone, now".

He'd reply "good thinking, let us know what you find"

:(

And it wasn't just that one ... seriously, like three different times ... not the least of which, the subject of the ticket, which was "3 days after the INITIATED email, still no progress" and what's the first thing he asks me? ... "did you receive an email about the transfer being initiated?"

So, in the hopes he'd have no clue, I opened a 2nd ticket ... but, as luck would have it, he caught it ... he didn't like what I had to say ... but as of yet, he's given the indication he's redoubled his efforts.

In fact, I just received a new email from hostmonster indicating my domain was now being transferred away.

We'll see ... anyhow.

I got the warning about the "intellectually challenged" verbiage. I obviously don't post much on here. Where I do, if someone's in the business of takin' money fer services, they're fair game for the harshest of criticism ... particularly when they come up so woefully short.

:guitar:

I have no clue what that smiley means ... but there's like 8 here to choose from ... and I'm gittin' tired of the sad-face.

sigosaur
May 14th, 2010, 11:48 PM
:lolflag:

Give me some time to drink more alcoholic beverages so I can catch up to you!
Damn, I was sober ... now I gotta catch up to YOU!
:guitar:

cariboo
May 15th, 2010, 01:21 AM
It sounds like you created most of the problems yourself. Thread closed.