PDA

View Full Version : mono on dapper - trying to install mysql into gac.

lee_connell
March 22nd, 2006, 02:06 AM
I used gacutil -i MySql.Data.Dll and it said it installed properly and I do see it in /usr/lib/mono/gac however I can't create a script and reference that file when I compile it, it doesn't know where it is.

Also MonoDevelop doesn't see it in Help -> About -> Versions.

What is going on here? I did post to mono-list and haven't gotten a response yet. Hoping someone here may know.

thanks!

Mickeysofine1972
June 20th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Me too!

I've never had this problem installing other scripting and databse stuff, only with mono!

Mike

lee_connell
June 21st, 2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah, I've posted in mono-list and no one can even acknowledge the issue?

A bit of a turn off using mono. If you get anywhere please let me know.

Brainjar
September 16th, 2006, 11:15 PM
I've the same problem. Is there any solution ?
Thanks.
Brainjar.
](*,)

gmclachl
September 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I have installed it without any problem. Use

gacutil -i

then you need to copy the .dll to /usr/lib/mono/1.0 (or 2.0)

George

j o e l
February 3rd, 2007, 06:19 AM
I don't know if any of you were ever able to get this working or not, but I was experiencing similar problems. Here's what I did to get it working on my old Xubuntu box...

1. Downloaded the latest connector (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/1.0.html) from MySQL's Web site. I downloaded the file without the installer.

2. Unzip the file to whatever directory you choose. Let's say /home/joeblow/downloads/, so you end up with /home/joeblow/downloads/mysql-connector-net-1.0.9-noinstall/ after the extraction.

3. Change to your gac directory. On my xubuntu box, it is /usr/lib/mono/gac. I'm sure it is the same across all the *ubuntu versions, but check to make sure.

4. From /usr/lib/mono/gac (or whatever it is on your box), type the following:
sudo gacutil -i /home/joeblow/downloads/mysql-connector-net-1.0.9-noinstall/MySql.Data.dll -check_refs -package MySQLConnector1.09

5. Restart MonoDevelop.

6. From within your current project, right-click on the References folder and select "Edit References".

7. Choose the .NET Assemblies tab and navigate to your gac folder to select the - in our example, /usr/lib/mono/gac, to locate the MySql.Data folder.

8. cd to MySql.Data and the following direcories until you find the MySql.Data.dll file. On my box it was /ust/lib/mono/gac/MySql.Data/1.0.9.0__c5687fc88969c44d/.

9. Add it to the Selected References and click Ok.

This is what worked for me. I hope it helps someone else.