PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How Can I Install Nero on Ubuntu 9.10 ?

Graywolf0
May 14th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Hello , i just downloaded Nero Linux to my laptop , then when i tried to install it , an error message showed and the content of that error message was " Only one software management tool is allowed to run at the same time : please close the other application e.g.'update manager' , 'aptitude' or 'synaptic' first ." then i closed every thing then tried it again but it still showing me the same error question . what should i do ?

Wobblybob
May 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I have this issue once, rebooting the PC fixed it. But why nero! K3B is far better and free and it work great on KDE or Gnome.

Mark Phelps
May 14th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Hello , i just downloaded Nero Linux to my laptop , then when i tried to install it , an error message showed and the content of that error message was " Only one software management tool is allowed to run at the same time : please close the other application e.g.'update manager' , 'aptitude' or 'synaptic' first ." then i closed every thing then tried it again but it still showing me the same error question . what should i do ?

This means you have more than one package installer running. Check to make sure that Synaptic is not also running.

Also, the last time I installed Nero Linux, it was just a script that was run as root. Are you trying to install it through some GUI?

Graywolf0
May 14th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I have this issue once, rebooting the PC fixed it. But why nero! K3B is far better and free and it work great on KDE or Gnome.

yea i just installed K3B , and it is working .

Tholley
May 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
K3B doesn't necessarily do it all in one package like Nero, so if you need something to do the transcoding and copying, DeVeDe works great in conjunction with K3B.
(DeVeDe to copy as ISO image, then K3B to burn ISO to disc.)

cybrsaylr
May 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM
yea i just installed K3B , and it is working .

I used to use Nero all the time also with Windows but on Linux K3B and Brasero do all that is needed.

Tholley
May 14th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I used to use Nero all the time also with Windows but on Linux K3B and Brasero do all that is needed.

I still use Nero in Windows for some stuff, but Brasero has NEVER worked for me.
Not in 8.10, 9.04, or 9.10.