PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx - Job very well done

Dedoimedo
May 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Hi all,

Sound the trumpets! Dedoimedo has just reviewed Lucid Lynx!

Here you go, an extremely long, thorough and enthusiastic review of Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, a perfect desktop distribution with three-year Long Term Support, covering 32-bit and 64-bit installations on internal and external USB disks, usage on three laptops, ATI, Intel and Nvidia cards, Wireless, Bluetooth, Web camera, Samba sharing, visual style, theme and branding, Ubuntu Software Center, multimedia codecs (Flash, MP3, Windows video), performance, stability, laptop modes (suspend & hibernate), boot times, games, applications, and more. Oh, there ain't no review as thorough as mine! You will like this, I promise you.

Three laptops, three graphic cards, 55 screenshots.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/ubuntu-lucid.html

Cheers,
Dedoimedo

Swagman
May 14th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Not bad

I'm finding some weird glitches occurring in the 64 bit version. Evolution & Epiphany keep closing for some strange reason.

My Missus is pee'ed off that Bejeweled on Facebook doesn't update her highscore.. Just sits there with the "hourglass" thingy.

My gripes.. Nautilus. I don't like the removal of the addressbar ( Directory tree).

I used to just copy & paste that into the cli instead of typing it and inevitably getting something wrong.

empty_spaces
May 14th, 2010, 01:54 PM
My gripes.. Nautilus. I don't like the removal of the addressbar ( Directory tree).

I used to just copy & paste that into the cli instead of typing it and inevitably getting something wrong.

You can do a Ctrl + l (that's L not I) to get the text bar and ESC to get the breadcrumbs (button navigation)

Swagman
May 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
You can do a Ctrl + l (that's L not I) to get the text bar and ESC to get the breadcrumbs (button navigation)

EXCELLENT!!

Learn something new everyday !!

ramjitmyrtle
May 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
well... the only problem that i have with my lynx is the cd-rom, it cannot be detected... plaese help me... thanks

Frogs Hair
May 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Well Done !!

This is the best review that I have been linked to on this forum so far.

chriswyatt
May 14th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Very positive :)