PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Buggy applets in Lucid

peterdm
May 14th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Since I recently upgraded to Lucid, a lot of the applets in the upper right corner display buggy behavior.

- The "Notification Area" often does not show the network status icon, although there is an "empty space" where the icon is supposed to be.
- The "Indicator Applet Session" showing the logged in user and the shutdown options sometimes does not display the text correctly.
- The "Clock" applet refuses to show the weather, but it did so in Karmic.

I tried adding/removing the applets, and reconfiguring them, to no avail.

Is there a way to "stabilize" the applets?

Peter

yyyc186
May 14th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Since I recently upgraded to Lucid, a lot of the applets in the upper right corner display buggy behavior.

- The "Notification Area" often does not show the network status icon, although there is an "empty space" where the icon is supposed to be.
- The "Indicator Applet Session" showing the logged in user and the shutdown options sometimes does not display the text correctly.
- The "Clock" applet refuses to show the weather, but it did so in Karmic.

I tried adding/removing the applets, and reconfiguring them, to no avail.

Is there a way to "stabilize" the applets?

Peter

None of the Weather applets seem to work for U.S. citizens. If you do get any output from them it is in metric units no matter what flags are set.

peterdm
May 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM
It's not just the weather applet, it's all the applets behaving erratically.

Besides, I'm a EU citizen, so I'm okay with metric units, and the weather applet worked fine before I upgraded to Lucid. My network indicator is gone too. It was flaky for a couple of days but since today it is definitevely gone :(

Peter