PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite screensaver?

Zeroangel
March 22nd, 2006, 12:54 AM
I cannot stress enough how much the Skyrocket screensaver kicks the butt of any Windows screensaver that I have ever seen. Night time fireworks, lens flare, smoke, camera panning. Wow, I am truly in awe of the people who have made this screensaver.

Its one of the screensavers I got from the rss-glx package straight out of the repositories. But i'm thinking of downloading the latest ones from www.reallyslick.com .

What's your favorite screensaver?

vayu
March 22nd, 2006, 01:24 AM
I cannot stress enough how much the Skyrocket screensaver kicks the butt of any Windows screensaver that I have ever seen.

The really slick screen savers do kick butt. (BTW, They were written for windows and then ported over to Linux)

ComplexNumber
March 22nd, 2006, 01:43 AM
mines a rather simple one, but i like it nevertheless. its spronglies on xscreensaver.

Tipo
March 22nd, 2006, 01:45 AM
I like Wormhole. Makes me think of "LUDICROUS SPEED" in Spaceballs:D

vayu
March 22nd, 2006, 03:00 AM
I'm looking for something in Linux like I've had in Windows. Has anyone ever seen The Psychedelic Screen Savers from Synthesoft? A lot of color cycling geometric plasma kind of things. Anyone know where to get more screensavers that work with Ubuntu? I'm looking for things kind of like the goom visualization in Xine.

briancurtin
March 22nd, 2006, 05:38 AM
i like my screen to just turn off after a few minutes (10 is my current choice)

taurus
March 22nd, 2006, 05:42 AM
A real boring one: 3D bubble!!!

mattisking
March 22nd, 2006, 06:57 AM
NOTHING beats electricsheep. It's awesome.... and I can't get it working under Dapper. :( (great in Breezy)

asimon
March 22nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
My favortie screensaver is no screensaver. ;-)
I prefer to have my monitor go directly into sleep mode when I don't use it and spend uneeded cpu cycles to distributed computing projects.

Otherwise I like slideshow screensavers if you happen to have a big interesting picture collection.

manicka
March 22nd, 2006, 12:06 PM
blank

Kvark
March 22nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
Sleep mode is the best. But if I did use a screensaver then it'd be something that prints news headlines or weather forecasts on the screen.

Gustav
March 22nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
Nothing can beat bouncing cows, I have five :)

traveller
March 22nd, 2006, 01:13 PM
GLMatrix! But there are so many others I haven't explored yet...