PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Google Chrome Minimize, Maximize, Close

agm.
May 14th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Hello,

I installed Google Chrome from the .deb file off of the chrome homepage and really like it, but had a question.

I am a bit of a stickler and am trying to use the new Lucid-style minimize, maximize, close (on the left-hand side), but Chrome still has them on the right-hand side (and old style).

Is there a way to "fix" this to have them look like the stock theme that is installed with Lucid?

Thanks!

-humanaut-
May 14th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Yes, its easy. Click the Tool Icon go to Personal stuff and check the box that says use system title bar and boarders ( I use the GTK+ theme as well for better integration ) Also if you want a more update to version of Chrome you can install chromium which is in the repositories "sudo apt-get install chromium-browser" and it will automatically keep it up to date for you as well.

ubunterooster
May 14th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Tool icon>Options>personal stuff

I recommend Chromium to Chrome (won't help with your problem but it is given to Ubuntu to alter) and can be gotten via synaptic

agm.
May 14th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the quick response!

That fixed it and made it fit the theme perfectly.

I like that it fixes it and it was really easy. Sometimes it just takes knowing where to look!

efrens
July 9th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Yes that solution indeed works...

But just to let you know, if you install Chromium (the one will the all blue icon you can find at the Software Center) instead of Google Chrome (the one you get from Google's website), as per version 5.0.375, afaik that is, you'll notice that the Close, Minimize, Maximize buttons are at the left side by default, even without using system title bars and borders. That would save you some space.

k3lt01
July 9th, 2010, 09:20 AM
But just to let you know, if you install Chromium (the one will the all blue icon you can find at the Software Center) instead of Google Chrome (the one you get from Google's website), as per version 5.0.375, afaik that is, you'll notice that the Close, Minimize, Maximize buttons are at the left side by default, even without using system title bars and borders. That would save you some space.Sorry you are possibly incorrect as this screen shot shows.

Paqman
July 9th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I installed Google Chrome from the .deb file off of the chrome homepage

Make sure you add the Google repo (http://www.google.com/linuxrepositories/ubuntu704.html), or else you won't be getting security updates.