PDA

View Full Version : What FOSS MobileMe equivalent?

Cubytus
May 14th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Hi to all,

always interested by web-integrated services as well as synchronizing all silicon-based devices I use, I wanted to know if there would be an equivalent in functionality to MobileMe, for an inferior or equal price, allowing sync between the different machines I own and use: MacBook, iPod Touch, Ubuntu boxes.

At a minimum, I want:
1-sync contacts and calendars (CardDAV and CalDAV)
2-secure SSL'ed IMAP +authentication, at least 2GiB
3-secure SSL'ed+authenticated SMTP, usable from anywhere, and with any email address I wish
4-WebDAV storage, at least 20GiB
5-website hosting

Would be very interesting bonuses:
6-SyncML, for synchronizing cell phones over-the-air
7-website hosting with multiple domains allowed
8-SSH relay
9-multiple user accounts

MobileMe is Mac-only, and fills out 1,2,4,5 criteria;
UbuntuOne is Ubuntu-only, and only fills out 6 and 9 criteria.

What's available on Mac, Linux, and is web-available, for a similar rate as MobileMe, or free?

ssj6akshat
May 14th, 2010, 03:03 AM
No.No.
Ubuntu One also has a web interface and the client is open-source if someone is interested in porting it to other platforms

Cubytus
May 14th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Sorry to say, I want a finished software/solution, not a potential one.

DeadSuperHero
May 14th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Well, KDE's got an interesting project in development right now called OwnCloud (http://owncloud.org/index.php/Main_Page), and while it's not quite like MobileMe, it aims to be extendible enough to serve that kind of purpose.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. You want a finished one. I'm not quite sure one exists yet, truthfully. UbuntuOne is fairly close, but doesn't seem to fullfill all of your requirements.

murderslastcrow
May 14th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Unless Dropbox offers this, I think you're out of luck. Most of this stuff tends to be platform-centric to this point, but UbuntuOne has plans to be available on several platforms. So, sorry to say, but after searching for a while, I can't see anything that's really along those lines. Of course, you can always put together your own solution, but it won't be so automatic.