PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Broadcom STA Wireless driver

paynek716
May 13th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Ran Lucid from live CD, was prompted to install proprietary Broadcom wireless driver, added wireless connection and everything worked fine.

Installed to notebook (new installation, not update) and no prompt to install wireless driver. Going to System > Admin > Hardware there are no drivers listed.

Is there any way to install the driver from the CD, or do I need a wired connection to internet to udpate drivers? Thanks.

Rifester
May 13th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I have a Broadcom Card as well. It is easy to just have the ethernet line plugged in (and update).

paynek716
May 15th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Have tried installing both available drivers from a wired connection. Internet will still not connect with wireless. I have verified wireless key, and tried to connect on unsecure wireless, no joy.

Any suggestions?

paynek716
May 16th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I never did get the Broadcom driver to work with Lucid. I could install and use it from the live CD, but could not get it to install and operate from the OS.

I tried to install 9.04 in place of 10.10, that didn't work either. I ended up booting from 9.04 live CD, delete root partition, and install 9.04. From there I installed the driver without requiring a wired connection to internet. Rebooted, created connection, and voila! It worked just fine.

It's disappointing something that was so easy in 9.04 didn't work well in 10.10. I will now install 10.10 and give it a try.