PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Keyboard shortcuts after reboot not working!

vickoxy
May 13th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Hi,
i have thinkpad sl510 and want to have keyboard shortcut "alt"+"y" to show me desktop. I added this shortcut in keyboard shortcuts, and added it also in compiz setups and it works till first reboot, but no matter what i do, after reboot this shortcut is not active any more. But in keyboard shortcuts it stays everything all right. Even in compiz setup. But they are not working...
I have Ubuntu 10.04 64bit (Gnome)

Any idea?

vickoxy
May 13th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Found here some help: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7174543&postcount=10

After reboot i have one shortcut wit win/super key saved.

Do not know how to set "alt" behaviour, but i think that the solution is in keyboard layout properties.

So if anyone can help...

wojox
May 13th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Hi,
i have thinkpad sl510 and want to have keyboard shortcut "alt"+"y" to show me desktop. I added this shortcut in keyboard shortcuts, and added it also in compiz setups and it works till first reboot, but no matter what i do, after reboot this shortcut is not active any more. But in keyboard shortcuts it stays everything all right. Even in compiz setup. But they are not working...
I have Ubuntu 10.04 64bit (Gnome)

Any idea?

What does Ctrl + Alt + D do?

vickoxy
May 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
What does Ctrl + Alt + D do?

I know that that is default shortcut fo "show desktop", but i change it-to long for me. So, at the moment it does nothing. I tested some defaults shortcuts, and they are working normally-so i presume that also that shortcut would work just ok. But if i want to add my keybindings/shrtcuts, after rebot hey are not working-except now the "mod4/super l + <" which i set for show desktop until i found solution to have "alt+y" for show desktop.

The shame is that afte jaunty i can not use only win key/super L to show desktop. Before that i had only that windows key and it was beautiful...

wojox
May 13th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Okay I was just making sure you didn't have to different shortcuts for the same action. Did not know if that was causing a clash.

estefano
October 10th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I have the same problem, how did you solved your?

vickoxy
October 13th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Well i solved in gnome my problem with 10.04 and R500. SL510 i donīt use any more:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=44908

See few last posts-eventually, you should change metacity shortcuts