PDA

View Full Version : google chrome flash download and cookie management

northwestuntu
May 13th, 2010, 07:27 PM
i really like using chrome, but a couple things that i had in firefox i can't get in chrome.

1. flash downloading. i use to be able to hit a button on any site including youtube and i had a offline copy of a flash file. from what i have read google doesn't want people downloading flash files from youtube :( if they didn't delete so much stuff i wouldn't worry about it.

2. cookie management. i use to be able to choose which sites could place cookies and which sites could not. now i can't find anything that will do that. i have seen a couple, but don't work that well. i wonder if google has there hand in this also?

Mr. Picklesworth
May 13th, 2010, 08:08 PM
For #1, that's either a YouTube thing or a Flash thing. They redesigned the site, and the simpler redesign removes a few odd functions. I vaguely recall something like that disappearing. Really the easiest way to download YouTube video files is 3outube.com (http://3outube.com/).

For #2, head to Options › Under the Hood › Content settings › Cookies. That should have everything you need.

northwestuntu
May 13th, 2010, 09:18 PM
thanks 4 the site address. i think that will work good enough 4 me.