PDA

View Full Version : znes

miho
February 10th, 2005, 07:12 AM
I'm trying to install znes on my pc with ubuntu linux. I'm having a problem installing it. Can something give me the command/s to install it?

Adrenal
February 10th, 2005, 08:36 AM
sudo apt-get install zsnes

Daniel G. Taylor
February 10th, 2005, 08:16 PM
sudo apt-get install zsnes
What repository is that in?

adbak
February 10th, 2005, 11:43 PM
What repository is that in?
http://www.everyvideogame.com/nintendo_game_list.htm

Play any Nintendo and Sega game.

pagefault
February 11th, 2005, 01:01 AM
I would be interested to know if there is a ZSNES package for ubuntu. I can't find any in the hoary repository. Would be willing to create one otherwise.

Wertigon
February 11th, 2005, 02:04 AM
I would be interested to know if there is a ZSNES package for ubuntu. I can't find any in the hoary repository. Would be willing to create one otherwise.

Check Universe. It's there. Else the Debian repositories work great, and it's quite easy to compile yourself.

In fact, I reccommend you to compile it yourself, since the repository version is 1.36 and the latest one is 1.42, and it's a fricken' huge difference between the two. Check out www.zsnes.com for more info.

pagefault
February 11th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Ah well I work on the ZSNES project which is why I asked :) I recently switched from gentoo so I am still getting used to the whole apt thing. :)

valadil
February 11th, 2005, 03:40 AM
zsnes is in apt for me. If it's not in universe try multiverse.

If you're on an amd64 good luck getting zsnes to run. I hear tell it's programmed in assembly. That would explain why theres no debian package of it under amd64. You can run it in a 32 bit chroot though.

pagefault
February 11th, 2005, 03:56 AM
zsnes is in apt for me. If it's not in universe try multiverse.

If you're on an amd64 good luck getting zsnes to run. I hear tell it's programmed in assembly. That would explain why theres no debian package of it under amd64. You can run it in a 32 bit chroot though.

We are currently looking for ways to support 64-bit right now. Currently we use NASM which doesn't support the option of 64-bit object files so we are kind of stuck right now. However we are trying to get it working with YASM which is NASM compatible and will produce 64-bit object files.

Wertigon
February 11th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Ah well I work on the ZSNES project which is why I asked :) I recently switched from gentoo so I am still getting used to the whole apt thing. :)
Ah, right. Should've recognized the name, too much caffeine I guess. :)

You really do make a killer app, it's one of the only things left that's preventing me from getting a Mac. Stupid unportable ASM... ;)

cborga1985
October 7th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Ah, right. Should've recognized the name, too much caffeine I guess. :)

You really do make a killer app, it's one of the only things left that's preventing me from getting a Mac. Stupid unportable ASM... ;)
has anybody else used a i386 package and used this to install it.

sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture
The package I built works doing this.