PDA

View Full Version : Game display issues

wobwill
May 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hi,

I am using UNR 10.04 on an Asus 901 20Gb.

I am playing Battle for Wesnoth and other linux games e.g. pingus etc.

When I open the games the bottom part of the window is cut off and I can't see all of the buttons at the bottom of the window.

I have started up in Gnome and set the panels to auto hide. This does not resolve the issue. Please can someone direct me to a fix.

Many Thanks.

Will

-humanaut-
May 12th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Just a couple of question are the Games Maximized when you start them if not. then Maximize them that would hopefully be the easiest solution i'm not familiar enough with the netbook version to offer much advise but ill try.

wobwill
May 12th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Hi Humanaut,

This is the second time you've stepped in to help me - thanks :)

The game (Battle for Wesnoth - great game) is maximised, and I am unable to see the bottom buttons.

Query - should this thread be in a specific forum?

Will.

Matt__
May 12th, 2010, 11:14 PM
un-max the window by right clicking game icon in top panel, resize the display area to a value slightly less than screen resolution (had to do the same for my wifes mini10v with second life)

-humanaut-
May 13th, 2010, 12:05 AM
un-max the window by right clicking game icon in top panel, resize the display area to a value slightly less than screen resolution (had to do the same for my wifes mini10v with second life)

That's a good idea try that. I can't think of anything specific besides General Help where this would be a good fit but, then again I'm not a moderator ask them then can help with that.