PDA

View Full Version : nfl.com high def videos

northwestuntu
May 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM
anyone know a work around to view the high def videos on nfl.com? they use some software called Akamai that they want you to install.

swoll1980
May 12th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Wow, they must have just started that. The only work around that might work is running the Window's version of Firefox in Wine

northwestuntu
May 12th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Wow, they must have just started that. The only work around that might work is running the Window's version of Firefox in Wine

yeah they haven't been using it for that long.

swoll1980
May 12th, 2010, 05:58 PM
yeah they haven't been using it for that long.

I hate when websites use these obscure media players. Even if I'm using Windows I refuse to install these types of things.

northwestuntu
May 12th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I hate when websites use these obscure media players. Even if I'm using Windows I refuse to install these types of things.

i agree. im not going to install software just to run some videos on 1 site. they should make it work without having to install special software. this is the only site i go to where i have this problem.

WinterRain
May 12th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I don't think there's a workaround for it. But at least now they have all videos in standard def also, where as before, they had the HD content that required that player to be able to see it. Doesn't bother me as long as I can see the vids.

WinterRain
May 12th, 2010, 06:06 PM
i agree. im not going to install software just to run some videos on 1 site. they should make it work without having to install special software. this is the only site i go to where i have this problem.

You can watch all videos without having to install the player, it just won't be HD.

northwestuntu
May 12th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I don't think there's a workaround for it. But at least now they have all videos in standard def also, where as before, they had the HD content that required that player to be able to see it. Doesn't bother me as long as I can see the vids.

actually im pretty sure they have some vids that are only in HD. i go there a lot and starting to notice that more. or else i wouldn't care as much.

WinterRain
May 13th, 2010, 09:33 PM
actually im pretty sure they have some vids that are only in HD. i go there a lot and starting to notice that more. or else i wouldn't care as much.

I havn't seen any lately that are just HD.

tjeremiah
May 14th, 2010, 12:41 AM
its been like that for 5 months I believe. The thing is that, you, well at least from what Ive seen, wont notice much of a quality difference when you do use the add-on.

ssj6akshat
May 14th, 2010, 03:13 AM

Akamai is not a media player,it is a content delivery network.Ironically they use Linux for their servers.*Grr*Give the community back something*Grr*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai_Technologies

bschertzing
June 9th, 2010, 01:04 AM
did running Firefox in wine work?