PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Lucid Login Loop

Cyclops_
May 12th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I've been trying to do research on this but coming up with nothing.

Right now I seem to be stuck in a login loop. I'm running KDE Lucid Lynx. I try to log in, and it acts like it's going to start, then spits me back to my login screen. Here are some things that I have tried:

I tried moving the .Xauthority and .ICEauthority files (they don't get recreated when I try to log in again).

I have tried moving the xorg.conf file and recreating using nvidia-xconfig.

There isn't much in the .xsession-errors file, nor do I see anything relevant in the /var/log/messages or the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file.

I tried sudo apt-get remove --purge kdm, and then installing kdm and kubuntu-desktop again.

Also: this didn't happen after any kind of update or anything that I'm aware of... bugfixes or otherwise. I don't think I installed anything new. It was working just yesterday, but when I went down for a reboot: BAM!

I'm still having the same issues.

PLEASE HELP!!! I can't do anything until I get this fixed!

Cyclops_
May 12th, 2010, 05:08 PM
New information:

I was able to create another user account and login using that!

So, there is something wrong with the current user account.

Any help would be great!

Sulomania
October 20th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I have the same problem. I use gnome and upgraded 9.10 to 10.04 and now whenever I try to login, a dark window appears with the cursor blinking few times on top left and then returning to the login window again and again.

I created a new user account but did not work for me. I have been reading about plymouth but didn't see any solution yet.