PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Changing icons within the message notifier

pauliebp
May 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hi I have recently installed 10.4. on an empty Lenovo SL510, being new to Linux and Ubuntu it has been quite a challenge to set it up so it feels right, but my patience is paying off! As much as I do like the minimalist look, I have to say that I have done too much of reading on panels and indicator applets and I do agree with the majority opinion that they should be much more intuitive to use and configure, if Ubuntu wants to be user friendly.

OK on to my question: I have managed to remove the Evolution menu from the messenger indicator and set up GMail notifier but to really finish of the look I would like to use the GMail icon instead of the default one as can be seen here http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/gmail-notifier-puts-gmail-in-your.html Can anyone guide me through?

With thanks in advance!

PS maybe I can add a sub question here without starring another thread, where are system sound files stored on Ubuntu - I also need to set the sound for incoming messages here?

DrKenobi
May 17th, 2010, 10:54 PM
pauliebp, I have installed "gmail-notifier_1.7_all.deb", from the link you posted in your message. But I don't know how to remove Evolution from the Menu, can you explain me please? Thank you!