PDA

View Full Version : second iphone turns up.

sandyd
May 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
http://tcrn.ch/a44UZb . i guess apple isnt keeping good track of its prototypes...

Foster Grant
May 12th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I was just coming here to post another link with the same story: http://theappwhisperer.com/2010/05/12/oh-no-not-again-apple-loses-another-4th-gen-iphone/

Two possibilities:

1) The iPhone 4G prototypes keep turning up in the wild as part of an astroturfing campaign by Apple to build buzz.

2) Some of Apple's employees are idiots.

This is not necessarily an either/or choice. :D "Both of the above" is a third possibility.

ukripper
May 12th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Either way Android wins.:)

Tristam Green
May 12th, 2010, 03:50 PM
The picture that engadget showed:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/05/34bea525bf11ee138094bea507bbdd8a4600747728eba55a9e 92o1.jpg

that hand looks awfully odd, since it has that long pinky fingernail. From my experience, having a long pinkynail isn't a fashion statement, and generally denotes a less-than-savory line of work (or lifestyle)....

Excedio
May 12th, 2010, 03:52 PM

that hand looks awfully odd, since it has that long pinky fingernail. From my experience, having a long pinkynail isn't a fashion statement, and generally denotes a less-than-savory line of work (or lifestyle)....

I think that's the blur of something in the background. I do not believe that's the person's nail.

Tristam Green
May 12th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I thnk that the blur of something in the background. I do not believe that's the person's nail.

Risking sidebars and off-topicness, I beg to differ, the other images from the video clearly show otherwise.

Anyway, this is an iPhone I'd buy. I like the way it looks infinitely more than the old one.

Johnsie
May 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Sounds like another publicity stunt to me... Expect many more as the release date gets closer. zzzzz....

And yes, Android for the win

toupeiro
May 12th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Publicity stunts are one thing. Having the fuzz bust down your door, take all your things that beep, and getting charged with felony theft for finding an iPod at a bar is another. If thats the publicity apple wants, the deal with me NEVER buying a single product from them again has been sealed.

zekopeko
May 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Publicity stunts are one thing. Having the fuzz bust down your door, take all your things that beep, and getting charged with felony theft for finding an iPod at a bar is another. If thats the publicity apple wants, the deal with me NEVER buying a single product from them again has been sealed.

There is only one problem. Gizmodo didn't found the phone. They bought it from (I think) the person who did find it. Gizmodo was effectively buying, at that time, stolen merchandise.

mkendall
May 12th, 2010, 05:16 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/05/34bea525bf11ee138094bea507bbdd8a4600747728eba55a9e 92o1.jpg

OR the person holding the phone is a woman OR the person holding the phone plays the guitar. I worked with a high school special education teacher who played the guitar in his church's band. Ok, you have a point about the unsavory lifestyle.

fatality_uk
May 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Still too small, too slow, too pricey & too closed, but apart from that, I still don't like it.

McRat
May 12th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I believe the first one was stolen at a restaurant/bar. While not the original story, that is the direction the case is heading.

The "finder" has hired an attorney, went into hiding, and changed his story in a couple of key aspects.

But what some people outside the mfr industry do not understand, is there are prototypes of many consumer goods out in public. In the auto industry these are "Test Mules". You log data when using them in a real world environment as a last QA step prior to release.

There are probably dozens of 4G iPhones out there, and every other phone near release.