PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome Extensions, is there a thread....

User3k
May 12th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Is there a thread here for those working on new Google Chrome Extensions for Ubuntu (or variants?)

I created two, (my first two,) really, really simple ones, (Linux Links and javascript based date and time.) They work fine but I would like to see what others are doing and how I can get from simple to something more useful.

lovinglinux
May 12th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I guess there is now.

I haven't created any yet, but I have already experimented with some stuff. I was thinking about porting some of my Firefox extensions to Chrome. Nevertheless, Firefox still is and will remain my priority, after all I don't use Chrome.

Anyway, would you mind sharing them?

User3k
May 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Well I will share them but they are really simple ones. Now for those who download this and they want to check it out to make sure there is nothing wrong, etc. All you do is rename it from a crx to a zip and extract. If you want to install them then either point Chrome to the directory they are in and click them or if the are extracted go to the extensions page, click on the + on the right that says developer mode (it will turn to a - ) and then click on load unpacked extension (left of page.)

Here they area:

lovinglinux
May 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Well I will share them but they are really simple ones.

They work, that's what matters.