PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] LUCID: HOWTO change from netbook to classic

eltonw
May 12th, 2010, 12:33 AM
In LUCID LYNX (Netbook) some things have changed for the better, including switching your sessions (from tabbed netbook to the classic desktop interface:

HOWTO do it:

GOTO:
Administration \ Login Screen
unlock [password required]

change from: Ubuntu Netbook Edition to: GNOME OR KDE

Close, and REBOOT

What you will now get is a login screen that presets the following choices:

Language | Keyboard | Session
=D>

This means that at each login you can easily switch between the tabbed netbook interface and the classic Gnome or KDE desktop!:cool:

HTH...

whit
July 18th, 2010, 11:59 PM
change from: Ubuntu Netbook Edition to: GNOME OR KDE

Where please is the "Administration / Login Screen" to go to? I've been using Ubuntu for years. Just installed the netbook version, absolutely despise its design choices - worst interface I've seen since Windows 3.0 - but there's no "Administration" screen in the System menu (ugly huge icons to page down through!). So, please, where is this switch? Don't want to go through a full reinstall just to get this horrid interface off my screen.

Thanks

Later: Ah, found "Administration." They put a second menu way down below what looked to be a single menu. What were they thinking??

kerry_s
July 19th, 2010, 12:07 AM
just log out, select your user, on the bottom select "gnome" in the session menu. it will remember what you used last.

the log in screen is under "system". see pic

ThePossum
July 30th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I too dislike the default Netbook Desktop. Thanks for helping me find a way to get to the GNOME Desktop.