PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Add Folders to Menus

DoyleChris
May 11th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Is there a way you can add a sub-folder to the Application menu. For example in the office folder of the applications menu there is dictionary and open office word processor i would like to put word processor in a Open Office folder and anything else associated with Open Office but i cant figure it out. example below

Now:

Applications

Office

Dicationary
Open Office Word Processor
Open Office Spreadsheet

What I would like:

Applications

Office

Dictionary

Open Office

Open Office Spreadsheet

ubunterooster
May 12th, 2010, 01:49 AM
right-click on the main menu Icon. Select "edit menus"

DoyleChris
May 12th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I have done that but is there a way and i created folder under office but it dosent show up in the menu and i haft to manualy wnter all the applications to it i cant drag them.

ubunterooster
May 12th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Yes, you have to add the entries manually. As I have.

moongia
May 12th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Is there a way you can add a sub-folder to the Application menu. For example in the office folder of the applications menu there is dictionary and open office word processor i would like to put word processor in a Open Office folder and anything else associated with Open Office but i cant figure it out. example below

Now:

Applications

Office

Dicationary
Open Office Spreadsheet

What I would like:

Applications

Office

Dictionary

Open Office

Open Office Spreadsheet

way i did it is to right click on the applications menu,edit menu.now click on office,and then click on an item,any one will do...then click new menu.and give it a name.now it will be in the item list and in the app. list on the left.from there you can drag and drop what ever into that sub folder...hope this helps...