PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] 10.04 Installation Freeze + I/O error

ZaM0
May 11th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Hello! Just tried installing Ubuntu 10.04 using the Wubi installer (on Windows 7). The Windows part went ok. But when rebooting and continuing the installation, Wubi freezes on 25% or 26% and gives either an input/output error or source and target files don't match (/target/usr/bin/gpasswd) and the interface either disappears and leaves a blank background wallpaper or the monitor turns off. It happened one time that it turned off, then on, but kept being black... The magic SysRQ combination didn't work either for a soft reboot, so I used Alt+SysRQ+B for the purpose. I've downloaded the image several times and the file integrity check went ok, so it shouldn't be corrupted files. Windows 7 works fine, never encountered disk read/write errors, BSODs or anything in that matter.

The system:
AMD Sempron 3300+ @2.0GHz
NVidia GeForce 7300LE 384MB
1 GB RAM DDR1 (2x512MB)
A31G PCCHIPS Mobo

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

infamous-online
May 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hello! Just tried installing Ubuntu 10.04 using the Wubi installer (on Windows 7). The Windows part went ok. But when rebooting and continuing the installation, Wubi freezes on 25% or 26% and gives either an input/output error or source and target files don't match (/target/usr/bin/gpasswd) and the interface either disappears and leaves a blank background wallpaper or the monitor turns off. It happened one time that it turned off, then on, but kept being black... The magic SysRQ combination didn't work either for a soft reboot, so I used Alt+SysRQ+B for the purpose. I've downloaded the image several times and the file integrity check went ok, so it shouldn't be corrupted files. Windows 7 works fine, never encountered disk read/write errors, BSODs or anything in that matter.

The system:
AMD Sempron 3300+ @2.0GHz
NVidia GeForce 7300LE 384MB
1 GB RAM DDR1 (2x512MB)
A31G PCCHIPS Mobo

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Try a clean install and see if you get this same error!

ZaM0
May 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I didn't do a clean install because I have problems with the Live CD too, I wanted to try out Wubi to see if they persist. The interface suddenly disappears and reappears, applications close themselves and monitor shuts off sometimes. I had the same problems with the 9.04 live CD (Wubi install worked there, but Ubuntu wasn't really stable either, sometimes it ran great, sometimes failed on boot) so I decided to give it a try with the 10.04. Another Linux distro like Knoppix (6.2) works from the Live CD like a charm. No problems at all.
Sorry, I think I should make a new topic...