PDA

View Full Version : FAT32 support

dejavu
February 10th, 2005, 02:27 AM
hi

i tried to mount some windows parititions on the linux os but when i did so it said FAT32 no supported ...
do i need to configure my kernel for it ? or do i need to install/upgrade something ..
if iam to reconfigure plz tell me how to configure the kernel since i never did one :!:

carlc
February 10th, 2005, 02:40 AM
What does your fstab entry look like for the fat32 partition? I am wondering if you specified the partition type as fat32. ? It should be vfat in the fstab entry.

Buffalo Soldier
February 10th, 2005, 02:59 AM
hi

i tried to mount some windows parititions on the linux os but when i did so it said FAT32 no supported ...
do i need to configure my kernel for it ? or do i need to install/upgrade something ..
if iam to reconfigure plz tell me how to configure the kernel since i never did one :!:

Please refer to http://ubuntuguide.org/#automountfat on HowTo mount Windows partition (FAT) on boot-up, and allow all users to read/write.

ThePainter
February 10th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Hi,
Im wondering if you have done what I first did.
I read the guide and it has an entry for NTFS and FAT so I rewrote it to say fat32 instead of fat and it gave me that error.
I think it sees fat32 as fat so just mount it as a fat partition.
Good luck :-)

gopukrishnantec
August 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hi,

I am new here. I installed latest ubuntu 12 now. I am not able to use pendrive as read write.The format was fat32. But I am able to when i formatted it as fat.
What should be the problem ?

CharlesA
August 6th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Please create a new thread as this one is 7 years old.