PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 Live CD works great - nothing works after install

axel_2078
May 11th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Ok, when I finally figured out which flags I had to use to get the Live CD to boot, it ran and loaded just fine. The sound worked, my wireless was recognized and my USB thumbdrive was mounted automatically when I inserted it. I thought, great...this is awesome! So, I installed it and a day later, I finally figured out how to get it to boot after the grub select screen (had to add the nomodeset, noapic, and acpi=off flags). I'm just now to the point where it will boot partially successfully. I say partially because after the grub select screen, it drops me to a console login. I have to login and then do a "startx" to load the desktop. Once the desktop loaded, I noticed that my sound doesn't work, my wireless is not detected, and USB drives don't mount. WTF?

axel_2078
May 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
So, am I seriously the only one with this problem? I see nearly a hundred posts of problems people are having with 10.04 and I'm the only one with this one?

yourself
May 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
No, you are not alone. At least, I feel exactly as you as my system is experiencing weird things: no sound, can't mount cd/dvds/usbs nothing works in user administration can't shutdown....

I have opened a bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/579930

but noone seems to have something to say...