PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Login screen moves to secondary screen when loggin in

mrtoikka
May 11th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, so if I break any rules or do something stupid on accident please don't lash out at me, I'm still learning. However I would like to say I am excited to be here.

Anyway onto my problem. I have installed nvidia drivers on my machine running Ubuntu 9.10. I have dual monitor's setup, a 17" to the left and a 23" to the right. Both are LCDs hooked up to the desktop via VGA converted to DVI. (Graphics card has dual DVI outputs... but monitors are VGA so there is an adapter inbetween.)

I have the 23" setup to be the main monitor, and the 17" to be secondary. Everything works fine except for when I go to log in, after typing my password in and pressing enter, the login screen moves to the secondary monitor... but the output keeps the size of the 23"... so to describe it... the 23" output starts on the 17" and runs off onto the 23", as if the output is split amongst two screens.

Does anyone have any way to rectify this? after logging in things seem to go back to normal, however if I try to full screen a flash video or some other app, things go back to how i described above, split amongst two monitors.

Any help would be awesome you guys!