PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Minimize Thunderbird to Tray

WATERBOYsh
May 10th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I already have Thunderbird minimizing to the tray. I installed alltray and set up the Thunderbird shortcuts to use it. I also tried a Thunderbird extension called FireTray, with the same results.

Sure, Thunderbird can minimize to the notification area... but unless I'm at the computer to hear the little ding and see the popup I have no way of knowing when I have new mail just by glancing at the icon.

In Windows, I used an extension called MinimizeToTray that does exactly what I want. The image changed color when I had new mail so I would easily know when I had e-mail sitting in my inbox waiting to be read. I'm trying to add similar functionality to my Linux machine. So far I haven't found any information... only how to minimize to the notification area, which I figured out easily enough on my own.

I'm fairly new to configuring Linux and finding thing to install/configure, but I used it quite a bit at my school. So I'm not a complete noob, but I'm far from being an expert. Any help, even just being pointed in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated.

*edit**
I'm also using Ubuntu 10.04, not sure why the thing on the left says 7.04...