PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.4 Vncserver showing shortcut error, seems like a bug

Pritamsng
May 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM
In normal desktop GUI is working fine.

But when in install VNCserver and tried to connect form my window machine through Ultra vnc it is not working properly. The issue I am facing is: when I am opening a terminal and enter later "m" from keyboard its work as a short for mail, and in case of later "s" the shortcut is "shutdown tab" those are present in panel.

Then I remove those from panel and now I can enter the word m and s in terminal.

The behavior is seems like a bug.
:guitar:

marfie
May 11th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Mine is an upgrade from 9.10 ubuntu with GB keyboard. On the connected keyboard it works as it should but using RealVNC VncViewer 4.1.3 on a Windows XP PC I get the same s & m shortcut issue. All other keys work normally. I have tried disabling some of the keyboard shortcuts that are configured but it has no effect. For me this makes it a bit difficult since this is the way that I work on the m/c.

beckj
May 14th, 2010, 10:46 PM
I upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04 and found this same problem. Only because my ubuntu is running in vmware I could step back to the 9.10 system.
The problem occurs with an encrypred vnc connection via internet. If I'm working locally via vnc or direct keyboard everything is OK. I was using thightvnc on WinXP, my vncserver on ubuntu is xvnc 4.1.1

canabal
May 15th, 2010, 01:44 AM
I also am having this error. Only with "s" and "m". Strange. I am using vnc4server. When I use x11vnc I do not get the problem.

Pritamsng
May 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM
ok... the bug has been solved now...

just try to update 10.4. now....