PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Maximized Window Issue

zmiller965
May 10th, 2010, 04:39 AM
I'm having a slight problem with firefox in ubuntu 10.04. I feel like there is an easy answer to this question that I'm not seeing, but anyway here it is:

-- I'm using my (lenovo ideapad y70) laptop with a VGA connected monitor (LED-LCD TV; Vizio), and for some reason when I maximize a window, the 'x' and scroll bar on the right side are cut off. I have the dual monitor situation set up with the resolutions on the recommend levels (1920*1080 and 1400*900) and i honestly have no idea what the problem is, because ive been using the exact same setup since Lucid Lynx was officially released and it worked fine. Today I just turned it on after being gone for the weekend, and the window was like this. Doesn't quite make sense to me. The only I changed was perhaps downloaded the updates from the update manager... but i doubt that would affect anything.

Oh also, another thing I should add would be that when I was gone I left the TV in my apartment and took the laptop, so perhaps switching from dual screens to single screen and back messed it up? Not sure. I would include error output, but there arent really any errors, I think its just some sort of problem with the resolution. Anyway, thanks for your help.

zmiller965
May 10th, 2010, 04:51 AM
also, im using gnome.