PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't install ms software in wine

CShaum
May 10th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I did a fresh install of 10.04 ubuntu it seems to run fine. but I can't install MS software in wine it tells me that its blocked. This the message that i get:The file '/home/carl/Downloads/FW_V32_5_10_00_5054v2.exe' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.
I installed this same file in 9.10 with no problems and I tried another MS program that I installed in 9.10 using wine no problems. But with 10.04 I get this error message. How do I get around this? Thanks for your input.

23dornot23d
May 10th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Right click on the file -

open ........

Properties
Permissions

Put a Tick in the Execute box

and make it executable if you know that its ok to do so ...... what is it you are running ...

CShaum
May 10th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Thanks, it worked. I knew that it was probably simple. But I didn't know where to go for it. I'm trying to get my M-audio NRV-10 firewire mixer board to run on Linux. And what wanted to do here is to install the driver for it. Maybe I don't need the driver. So far I haven't any luck to get it to work. Any input on this firewire stuff? I know the card works, for my external HD is firewire and it works for that. Thanks

CShaum
May 10th, 2010, 03:01 AM
It fix that problem but it won't let me check it for this other MS software I like to run. I get this error message: Sorry, could not change the permissions of "autorun.exe": Error setting permissions: Read-only file system. How do I get around this. Thus I can't install it. Thanks