PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] no selection allowed in file manager detailed view

visnotjl
May 10th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Just upgraded xubuntu hardy to lucid. Looking into file system with thunar, if I choose "detailed view" the selection of any f.s. entry is impossible (both directories and files).
Selecting becomes again active when switching to "compact" view. I have tried to install pcmanfm as replacement for thunar, but the behaviour is the same. Some suggestion ? (No F.. Manual with proper info about). Best regards.

azertyh
May 10th, 2010, 08:17 AM
have the same problem.
i have ubuntu 10.04 but installed xfce.

majed
May 10th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Just upgraded xubuntu hardy to lucid. Looking into file system with thunar, if I choose "detailed view" the selection of any f.s. entry is impossible (both directories and files).
Selecting becomes again active when switching to "compact" view. I have tried to install pcmanfm as replacement for thunar, but the behaviour is the same. Some suggestion ? (No F.. Manual with proper info about). Best regards.

I have the same problem.. it's really annoying but i didn't notice that it's only in the detailed view.. now i can at least do what i wanna do.. thanks for investigating and giving great details.. hope this bug gets fixed soon cuz thunar is really light and nice -- otherwise i'll have to either downgrade or look for an alternative..

mr_pouit
May 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Known bug, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/exo/+bug/520118
The fix should be available for lucid in a few days.