PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of the Windows development team

Sand & Mercury
May 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
What do you think of Microsoft, being represented by the people who actually designed and developed Windows, and not the folks that handle marketing, PR, pricing etc?

Personally I've found they're very admirable in their work standards and organisation. They have very clear ideas about what they're doing, they document them openly and comprehensively, and moreover they produce some really solid work.

I just thought I'd put this out here because many of you reading this have a highly negative view of Microsoft as a corporation for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with their talent as a development team.

baddog144
May 9th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Eh, I reckon that overall they've done ok. That's all I can say, though.

Khakilang
May 9th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Judging by their product release and the it face on security. I would say they are incompetent. Rumours say that the whole team that develop Vista was fired.

Sand & Mercury
May 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Out of curiosity, what makes you say that there is something wrong with their security?

Giant Speck
May 9th, 2010, 09:37 AM
It's been an hour and no one has voted for the last option in the poll. This is NOT the Ubuntu Forums I know and barely tolerate under the guise of "love"!

Khakilang
May 9th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Out of curiosity, what makes you say that there is something wrong with their security?

My brother install the release candidate and after 2 week the whole desktop interface disappear and apparently he found that its was attack by virus. Reinstall back this time with Avira anti virus and it detect virus again and again. The OS simply not secure. Maybe because its a release candidate version.

If it is so secure why does it need to install anti virus and internet security. Ubuntu does not need those.:confused::confused::confused:

clanky
May 9th, 2010, 10:26 AM
My brother install the release candidate and after 2 week the whole desktop interface disappear and apparently he found that its was attack by virus. Reinstall back this time with Avira anti virus and it detect virus again and again. The OS simply not secure. Maybe because its a release candidate version.

If it is so secure why does it need to install anti virus and internet security. Ubuntu does not need those.:confused::confused::confused:

/sigh

As for the poll, it's a shame there are not multiple options, I voted for the first option as technically i think windows is still THE standard, but I would probably have considered a second vote for the last option as well as i do have serious issues with Microsoft as a company, as much as they are a whole lot less "big evil corporation" than they used to be, they still have a long way to go.

KiwiNZ
May 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Thread closed