PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't mount /dev/mapper/cryptswap1 error upon install of lucid

agingric
May 9th, 2010, 06:49 AM
hello all,

i tried upgrading from karmic, but something went a bit haywire. i had all my personal data backed up previously on an external drive, so i decided to start anew.

booted into xp, fixed the mbr. then used gparted to the ubuntu partitions. restored the ntfs/xp partition to original size. ran chkdsk. all of this went flawlessly. i actually went so far as to use the restore cd for xp to insure that all would be clean.

first checked the alt.install version of lucid for errors. passed. no problems reported during installation. i chose to encrypt the hard drive when given that choice.

upon booting up into lucid i get an error saying something about cannot mount /dev/mapper/cryptswap1

and it says push s to skip. if don't press anything, or press s, i get a black screen.

i am able to boot into recovery mode and use the failsafe graphics mode. so, i'll be able to change any code that may be faulty.

i believe that the problem lies with the encryption. if anyone knows what to do to fix this problem, please let me know.

thanks very much

andy g

agingric
May 11th, 2010, 02:25 AM
bump