PDA

View Full Version : Their changing the FreeBSD logo!

BWF89
February 9th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I can't believe that they are re-designing the FreeBSD logo. I don't care what some religious zelots think about the deamon. The deamon is and has always been the symbol for free software and BSD.

Well, if your a good artist try to design a good logo to win $500.

http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/31531/index.html

Lovechild
February 10th, 2005, 01:37 AM
bye bye beastie.. long have you been my friend.

grj
February 10th, 2005, 01:56 AM
All societies have people that disagree on topics. Assuming "religious zealots" really have taken offence to the logo and complained, there is nothing wrong with that. The people in charge of FeeBSD have made a decision to change the logo. Whether that decision was prompted by "religious zealots" or not is irrelavant. It is a decision they made. Your disappointment should be with the FreeBSD people. Getting angry with people that have a different opinion than yours is very narrow-minded.

FreeBSD could simply have refused to change the logo. It is also hard to imagine, very many "religious zealots" even know that FreeBSD exists. If not for seeing occasional stories on OSNews, I would not have known it exists.

Face the facts, the FreeBSD people have another reason more important that the "religious zealots" complaining.

The link in another post also makes mention of cultural issues. Maybe some "cultural zealots" have been complaining. Let us be equal opportunity bashers.

Yes, let us be "intolerant zealots".

Long live "Daemon".

adbak
February 10th, 2005, 04:54 AM
All societies have people that disagree on topics. Assuming "religious zealots" really have taken offence to the logo and complained, there is nothing wrong with that. The people in charge of FeeBSD have made a decision to change the logo. Whether that decision was prompted by "religious zealots" or not is irrelavant. It is a decision they made. Your disappointment should be with the FreeBSD people. Getting angry with people that have a different opinion than yours is very narrow-minded.

FreeBSD could simply have refused to change the logo. It is also hard to imagine, very many "religious zealots" even know that FreeBSD exists. If not for seeing occasional stories on OSNews, I would not have known it exists.

Face the facts, the FreeBSD people have another reason more important that the "religious zealots" complaining.

The link in another post also makes mention of cultural issues. Maybe some "cultural zealots" have been complaining. Let us be equal opportunity bashers.

Yes, let us be "intolerant zealots".

Long live "Daemon".
This has many tangents with what Ubuntu went through with it's "risque" artwork.

Whatever side you may be on, there are always those who are going to be offended. It's a fact of life that there is a difference between the vocal majority and the actual majority.

Yukonjack
February 10th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Well I better keep my favorite honey by my side she might be worth a fortune in the near future \\:D/

Dylanby
February 10th, 2005, 01:39 PM
They are changing their logo, not the mascot.