PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of Iron Man 2 if you saw it?[SPOILERS MAY BE INCLUDED!]

TheNerdAL
May 9th, 2010, 01:00 AM
I saw Iron Man 2 today! Woo! Was it worth it! Except they should've made the fights a bit longer. I think they were too short. As for the rest, it was awesome!

What did you think about it?

This forum is for people who watched it only, so if you didn't watch it and don't want the movie to be spoiled for you, then don't go any further.

user1397
May 9th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I enjoyed it quite a bit - I don't understand people that say the first one was better, this one was as good or better than the first.

I mostly enjoyed the comedy in it, although the action was not lacking in any way.

TheNerdAL
May 9th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I enjoyed it quite a bit - I don't understand people that say the first one was better, this one was as good or better than the first.

I mostly enjoyed the comedy in it, although the action was not lacking in any way.

I think it is better than the first one because the first one had a little bit of action in my opinion.

Yeah, there was a good enough of action in the second one but I wanted to see more of a fight.

And I loved the comedy! Especially when War Machine uses the HammerTech Missile thingy and it doesn't even do anything to Whiplash except bounce off. :lolflag:

RiceMonster
May 9th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Loved it.

That laser thing he used near the end that cut all the drones in half was awesome.

Greg
May 9th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I thought it was decent. Boy did they play to the male stereotype, though- chicks, cars, high-tech toys, and fights.

Some scientific screw-ups annoyed me, though.

TheNerdAL
May 9th, 2010, 02:13 AM
I thought it was decent. Boy did they play to the male stereotype, though- chicks, cars, high-tech toys, and fights.

Some scientific screw-ups annoyed me, though.

Explain the scientific screw-ups please.

I loved the technology Tony Stark had in the movie by the way.

Lightstar
May 9th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Awesome movie!
I agree, some fights did not last long.

I hope you stayed for the credits, there was a small surprise after it.

Greg
May 9th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Explain the scientific screw-ups please.

I loved the technology Tony Stark had in the movie by the way.

Like when they injected him with 'Lithium Dioxide'. Let's ignore the fact that it wouldn't have stable octets/duets... it defies the naming conventions for ionic compounds. They named it like it was molecular, which it clearly is not.

Also, take when they form the new element. Again, ignoring the fact that man-made elements are unstable and decompose within seconds, if that long... why was it glowing? Elements can't just give off light without being excited... and that would have ended shortly after it was 'formed'.

Or when Whiplash hacks into Hammer's computer system... you can't just call a password cracker from nowhere.

TheNerdAL
May 9th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Awesome movie!
I agree, some fights did not last long.

NO!!!! :( I stayed until after the AC/DC song! Please tell me! Please! :( I'm guessing it had to do with the Avengers movie, right? Like in Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk.

TheNerdAL
May 9th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Or when Whiplash hacks into Hammer's computer system... you can't just call a password cracker from nowhere.

Didn't Whiplash say the computer was Sh*t? I didn't understand him that much in the movie, no offense to Russians.

Greg
May 9th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Didn't Whiplash say the computer was Sh*t? I didn't understand him that much in the movie, no offense to Russians.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that you can pull a password cracker from nowhere while it's still locked. In Windows 98, you could press cancel and it would get around the password, but that doesn't mean that you can run a program that's coming from nowhere without logging in.

RiceMonster
May 9th, 2010, 02:27 AM

True, but I'd say it's more rare to see someone hacking into a computer system in a way that isn't completely inaccurate. I guess I've kind of just learned to dismiss those kind of things.

TheNerdAL
May 9th, 2010, 02:42 AM

I watched it on Youtube. Is it when the guy says on the phone that they found Thor's hammer, right?

TironN
May 9th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I loved it. As a reader of the comics I was a bit annoyed at minor canon things but overall great!

Lightstar
May 9th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Like when they injected him with 'Lithium Dioxide'. Let's ignore the fact that it wouldn't have stable octets/duets... it defies the naming conventions for ionic compounds. They named it like it was molecular, which it clearly is not.

Also, take when they form the new element. Again, ignoring the fact that man-made elements are unstable and decompose within seconds, if that long... why was it glowing? Elements can't just give off light without being excited... and that would have ended shortly after it was 'formed'.

While you might enjoy a realistic hacking that might take 20-60 minutes, I rather see other things happen in the movie.

Your complexity prevents you from enjoying little things :(

schauerlich
May 9th, 2010, 04:59 AM

So wait a minute. A man wears a flying suit of armor powered by a miniature clean energy source more powerful than a nuclear reactor in his chest, and your biggest scientific beef is with IUPAC naming conventions?

Lightstar
May 9th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I watched it on Youtube. Is it when the guy says on the phone that they found Thor's hammer, right?

Yeah I had sent it to you via private message

TironN
May 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Can you link the youtube video of the bonus end bit? I didn't stay for the end of the credits.

Also I liked how Cap's shield was there which I think was another one of those things that links the Marvel Universe together

Greg
May 9th, 2010, 04:12 PM
So wait a minute. A man wears a flying suit of armor powered by a miniature clean energy source more powerful than a nuclear reactor in his chest, and your biggest scientific beef is with IUPAC naming conventions?

Absolutely. You can reconcile that with it being sci-fi, or the future. The compound name was just plain wrong, for no reason whatsoever.

TheNerdAL
May 9th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Can you link the youtube video of the bonus end bit? I didn't stay for the end of the credits.

Also I liked how Cap's shield was there which I think was another one of those things that links the Marvel Universe together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8BbZFntLg

It might get removed by Marvel, but I don't know.

I also loved the shield! :)

schauerlich
May 9th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Absolutely. You can reconcile that with it being sci-fi, or the future. The compound name was just plain wrong, for no reason whatsoever.

Maybe in the Marvel Universe, that's the correct terminology. :)

Lightstar
May 10th, 2010, 06:19 PM
"Avengers" coming out in 2012

Shakz
May 10th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Have not seen it yet by my little sister (22) says "Iron Man 2 was legit!"
Coming from her thats a gleaming review.