PDA

View Full Version : unexpected reactions from ubuntu , omg.

mustafa atta
May 8th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Hello guys

First the logging to Ubuntu is slow and unstable ( the Ubuntu logo is freezing for moments until the sound which playing in background finished).

Second the common problem which I always face the WIFI, the lab-top completely freezing some times because of WIFI ( I know that it's WIFI because today in the event some one who called eng.Sam told me that after checking some stuff which called "sys log " )
and he told me to change the channel of the wifi router to "6" but unfortunately it doesn't work " sorry Sam " and it back to freeze again and again .

Third while I'm talking to you now I'm upgrading my Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.4 from update manger and I'm asking about it's taking too long about 1hour and half it's that normal or ...?
and what's the best to upgrade through the previous way or to reinstall the new version.
sorry if you get bored from my problem and sorry for my English and I'm waiting
thaaaaaaaaaanks in advance

mahmoud mohamed
May 8th, 2010, 08:53 PM
i think 1 hour and half is so short :D
so it means u ethernet is good :)
and i think the idea of reinstalling it better than apgrading in ur issue because u will install new system without previous problems
and then try eng.sam words.
finally i hope it will works with u :)

spaik
May 8th, 2010, 10:24 PM
so it means u ethernet is good :)
and i think the idea of reinstalling it better than apgrading in ur issue because u will install new system without previous problems

i agree with this.

and i dont know why are you attacking Ubuntu? Yes there are problems with ubuntu, but its not that bad and they fix it in no time. that is why they release every six months.

you didn't tell us what is your laptop or your wifi card or anything. so please if you are going to use Ubuntu, You have to Love it :lolflag: yes there is some problems, but the benefits are more.

i would recommend you to do a fresh install to see if your problem is solved. and i like to do a fresh install every time. just backup your files and bookmarks. you can even backup your programs. and do a fresh install.

as for the 1 hour.... it took me 8 hour to update the first day it was released. and thats due to the server traffic. so i think there is no problem there.

as i said try to love ubuntu if you are going to use it.

mustafa atta
May 8th, 2010, 11:03 PM
so it means U Ethernet is good :)
and i think the idea of reinstalling it better than upgrading in Ur issue because u will install new system without previous problems
first thanks to your fast replay and OK for upgrading's time
but you didn't tell me about starting time it takes too long to start especially the window which show just a dash flashing in the left top of the black screen .
note : the old version takes a little short time to start

mustafa atta
May 8th, 2010, 11:34 PM
i agree with this.

and i dont know why are you attacking Ubuntu? Yes there are problems with ubuntu, but its not that bad and they fix it in no time. that is why they release every six months.

you didn't tell us what is your laptop or your wifi card or anything. so please if you are going to use Ubuntu, You have to Love it :lolflag: yes there is some problems, but the benefits are more.

i would recommend you to do a fresh install to see if your problem is solved. and i like to do a fresh install every time. just backup your files and bookmarks. you can even backup your programs. and do a fresh install.

as for the 1 hour.... it took me 8 hour to update the first day it was released. and thats due to the server traffic. so i think there is no problem there.

as i said try to love ubuntu if you are going to use it.
Thaaanks to your replay
firstly I've never attacked Ubuntu , I love it so I'm insisting to do it the best at all and to solve any problem I've faced
My laptop is HP Business "Compaq 6910p" I hope you know it
my WIFI Card is Intel
Now in the New Version so far the only problem I've faced is the starting time but actually i don't know how to reinstall under already installed version .

TheHardDisk
May 8th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I did check his system logs and there were no hardware issues whatsoever except the fact that his wifi would halt on authentication and/or AP scanning. This definitely indicates a channel jam as it were called.

I do agree to install with a clean installation, then search and install ubuntu-tweak, this will allow you to customize and ease your ubuntu general management.

Again, I still suggest to keep your wifi at channels 1 to 6 to avoid major interference.

Let us know of your progress.

mustafa atta
May 12th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I did check his system logs and there were no hardware issues whatsoever except the fact that his wifi would halt on authentication and/or AP scanning. This definitely indicates a channel jam as it were called.

I do agree to install with a clean installation, then search and install ubuntu-tweak, this will allow you to customize and ease your ubuntu general management.

Again, I still suggest to keep your wifi at channels 1 to 6 to avoid major interference.

Let us know of your progress.
i want to reinstall afresh one but i can't log in the cd even after configration the setup

Pronco
May 13th, 2010, 07:55 AM
i want to reinstall afresh one but i can't log in the cd even after configration the setup

In regards of clean installation, I'd rather get to know HOWTO adjust the boot sequence via BOIS in order to boot within your Ubuntu CD.

mustafa atta
May 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM
In regards of clean installation, I'd rather get to know HOWTO adjust the boot sequence via BOIS in order to boot within your Ubuntu CD.
once your pc start press del or F10 to log into your bios then from tab configure boot you'll find you hard and cd and usb ....etc , in front of the cd adjust it to first then press f10 and it will work ISA

Pronco
May 13th, 2010, 05:10 PM
once your pc start press del or F10 to log into your bios then from tab configure boot you'll find you hard and cd and usb ....etc , in front of the cd adjust it to first then press f10 and it will work ISA

Since your well-recognized to the steps, Why it isn't working with you?