PDA

View Full Version : Games on wine crashes after a while

Zireth ZH
May 8th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I could install Ether saga and perfect world ... the game runs fine for a while .. about 5 or more mins .. then int crashes... cant move anything .. cant quit .. cant close.. cant nothing.. gotta restart manually...

Whats wrong? these games crashes when i try to turn on or off some stuff from settings.. some of them .. but other than that its fine..

Kinda low FPS cuz im using ATI 4850, i assume thats cuz of the drivers.

Can you guys help me out?

Zireth ZH
May 8th, 2010, 09:22 AM
bump

Zireth ZH
May 8th, 2010, 09:02 PM
bump

Zireth ZH
May 9th, 2010, 02:48 AM
bump

cogadh
May 9th, 2010, 02:55 AM
More than one bump in a 24 hour period is kind of frowned upon in these forums, you might want to refrain from doing that in the future.

As for your problem, configure Wine to use a virtual desktop, then run the game from a terminal so that you can both get Wine's error output and gracefully "kill" the game if it locks up. Once you have the error output, post it here, it may help us determine a cause and solution.

hikaricore
May 9th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Stop bumping so much... you need to be patient and wait 24-48hrs for a response.
In addition please do not reply to this message saying something silly like "ok" to further bump your post.

Zintha
May 9th, 2010, 08:23 AM
More than one bump in a 24 hour period is kind of frowned upon in these forums, you might want to refrain from doing that in the future.

As for your problem, configure Wine to use a virtual desktop, then run the game from a terminal so that you can both get Wine's error output and gracefully "kill" the game if it locks up. Once you have the error output, post it here, it may help us determine a cause and solution.
Its always the best step when Wine breaks.
I find Virtual desktop works better for me anyway.

To get the error output you have to load it up using terminal right?

cogadh
May 9th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Correct.