PDA

View Full Version : Good rescue tools... need to combine them...

clgy15
May 8th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Hey everybody,
Iv been using some great rescue tools forever. They include Boot & Nuke (My favorite, works so well), DISKMAN4, MbrFix, Super Grub, Parted Magic, PCI Sniffer, and BIOS. Yes I know, almost all of those are on UBCD, I hate UBCD. The disk only works for a few processors and my theory is that these tools (Maybe without parted magic and use an fdisk instead) combined in some form of a bootable kernel would only be about what 100-200 Mb at most. Maybe its possible to put multiple kernels for different archetectures together to form a full cd. I dont know but being able to put the tools you want on a bootable cd that works for some different archetectures would make my day. Anyone got an idea? These tools pretty much allow me to do hardisk partition, utter destruction, and have the ability to fix the boot process. I sometimes use some recovery tools but usually most of the data is accessible once an OS is booted.
P.S. Love Ubuntu, if only the rescue remix showed up with some kind of navigatble menu......