PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Protest about infraction

t0p
May 8th, 2010, 12:43 AM
I just can't believe I've received an infraction for this (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9258019#post9258019). It was light-hearted and ironic comment, which I made very clear with the use of this emoticon :p. Maybe the mod concerned has no sense of humour, but should I be penalised because I do have one?

Retract the infraction please.

bodhi.zazen
May 8th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Although you may have been joking, that post was inappropriate to these forums and an emoticon do not change that.

"Jokes" do not make your post appropriate, nor do not make issues such as sexism or racism acceptable.

In regards to the content of you post, at a minimum, it comes across as prejudiced against Americans.

Personally, I do not pedophilia either funny or acceptable.

I support the infraction and, considering the fact that this is not the first time we have have do discuss the CoC with you, you should consider yourself lucky. I probably would have banned you for this post.

t0p
May 8th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Personally, I do not pedophilia either funny or acceptable.

That was kind of the point of the joke... *smh*

I support the infraction and, considering the fact that this is not the first time we have have do discuss the CoC with you, you should consider yourself lucky. I probably would have banned you for this post.

Wow. Is irony really that much of a mystery to non-Brits? I always figured it was a stereotype.

Okay, I apologize unreservedly to anyone whom I may have offended with the joke concerned: Americans, Brits, pedophiles, whoever. I accept that I deserved the infraction, and have marked this thread [SOLVED].

bodhi.zazen
May 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Thank you for your measured response, it is appreciated. I understand you were joking, which is why I did not ban your account.

Please understand your joke came across in a way you did not understand and keep in mind we are primarily a Support Forums with members of all ages, including at times families and children.